I have made a lot of changes to this game now that I am on winter break from school and finals week is over.
- Upgraded to Unity 5.5
- Changed the ascetic to a more ‘3D’ look
- It is using quads and then point/spot lights to give them some shadows and what not
- Particle systems now do not look like terrible cubes.
- Took out the Earth Health mechanic.
- I really did not like this very much and several people told me that they did not understand it too much, so I just took it out.
- Removed the terribly pixelated planets.
What do I plan on doing in the future?
- Possibly making actual 3D models for the assets in this, but I am reluctant to do this due to some software licencing stuff.
- Add Google Play Services for leaderboards and achievements.
- I am having a lot of compatibility issues with this right now, it will come soon I promise!
- Check out the new Unity analytics